Number of positions: 5
About the Blog:
The Law & Practice Blog is an initiative of aspiring law students who believe in simplifying the challenging yet exciting practice of law for any person interested in exploring its know-how, particularly for a fresh law graduate – in order to make the legal practice unclouded for a layman. The blog contains a periodic review of topics of interest in, but not limited to, Intellectual Property and all allied areas of law.
Our vision is to close the gap between theory and practice of law. In absence of any source exclusively dedicated to the practical aspects of law, we felt the need to take the initiative to make a repertoire of information, which is never found in books, pertaining to law practice in India – which could act as a toolkit for students, practitioners and academicians.
- to provide a platform to students, practitioners, and academicians for sharing their priceless practical knowledge in the area of law;
- to un-cloud the know-how of law practice for a layman;
- to encourage out of the box thinking;
- to encourage academic research by providing “permanent and transparent forums for the presentation, scrutiny and discussion of research”; and
- to share the new knowledge as widely as possible.
We are currently in talks with some legal practitioners and academicians for being the Honorary Editors of the Blog. Any certificate(s) or appreciation letter shall be signed by them.
1. Reach out to legal practitioners and academicians for contributing posts;
2. Copyediting the content received from the contributors;
2.1 Ensure that the content is factually correct and conveys a clear meaning;
2.2 Discussing, if any, submission related issue with the contributor;
2.3 Checking grammar, spelling and punctuation.
3. Author and publish one post every week; &
4. Provide suggestions and participate in promotion of the Blog.
Being an editor of The Law & Practice Blog would give you an opportunity for connecting with legal practitioners across the globe. This would additionally improvise your internet presence as a student who knows ‘How its done’ as a law practitioner.
We will be considering applications on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates are required to send their application to email@example.com highlighting their prior academic writing experience(s). Candidates with prior editorial experience will be preferred, although it is not the only criteria. The applicant should clearly state her/his intent and expectations from The Law & Practice Blog. The applicant should also mention suggestions as to how the Blog can be promoted and administered, and what would their presence as an Editor bring to the Blog (this is the main criteria).
The selected applicants shall be intimated via email.