Initiated by People for Parity Foundation (PfP), New Delhi, with the support of UN-HABITAT and the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, Pratiti is a unique and transformative fellowship on Gender Based Violence for young people hailing from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Pratiti is a fully funded initiative and will not require any expenditure nor full-time involvement from the participants.
Applicants for Pratiti should be residents of Jaipur and ideally be in the 18-30 age bracket.
They can be from any background and representative of any color of the rainbow, including people who may be straight, gay, lesbian, transsexual, transgender, hijra, survivors or even sex workers.
The Jaipur phase of the journey will take place between December 2015 to April 2016.
Over the course of these 6 months, 20 participants will be selected to participate in:
1. An intensive 3-day workshop
2. Action projects on issues affecting their lives and communities
3. Regular community meetings for sharing and reflection
4. A co-created closure and finale event which will celebrate the journey
5. Through powerful experiential processes, each of the participants will be empowered to:
a. Become an empathetic leader for gender equality
b. Use sharing, healing and facilitation as powerful tools for change
c. Understand what gender-based violence is and how one can challenge it
Application deadline for Jaipur is 10th November 2015.
When you apply, kindly mention that you heard about it through LexQuest.