Fund Development & Communication Dptt.
Reporting to Head, Communication, FDC, SOS Children’s Villages of India
The incumbent shall be responsible for implementation of the Advocacy led National Campaign of SOS Children’s Villages of India to be launched in the 1st Quarter of 2018. It’s a new position and we are looking for a highly-motivated and versatile individual, with sound analytical skills and the capacity to undertake a wide range of responsibilities across the nation to drive the campaign.
S/He will be a part of the small but dynamic and high performing Communication Team at SOS India and also work closely with the Programme and Policy vertical at the national, zonal and regional levels. Working closely with the pan India programme team, s/he will coordinate closely with external stakeholders, policy makers, influencers to optimize reach to various target audiences of the campaign, ensuring participation and emphasizing on the role of community action. S/he will also be accountable for developing networks and linkages for SOS India and building up strategies and messages for communication at different levels.
- Leading the process of planning, implementation and co-ordination for driving the campaign implementation and outreach.
- Keeping abreast of the cause we are advocating for and ensuring larger dissemination of it among the allies and target group.
- Developing networks and linkages with National and State level authorities and concerned stakeholders for SOS India.
- Contributing to learning and sharing processes within SOS India, to assist in the identification of relevant advocacy and policy directions and build consensus among staff on key issues.
- Monitoring the implementation and effectiveness of SOS India’s policy and advocacy strategies and revising the strategy based on specific site level conditions.
- Tracking and addressing media advocacy along with building the capacities of the Project level Co-workers and community to interact with media.
- Conducting events and campaigns on major advocacy issues related to the area of programme with a view to create awareness among the community.
- Developing, collating and disseminating advocacy resources, and providing advocacy guidance to the Programme team.
- Conceptualization and development of the Campaign toolkit and coordination with the Agency for the same.
- Managing processes for sharing lessons and drawing out experience from field programmes, including synthesising learning from monitoring and evaluation, and responding to policy opportunities emerging from the programme work.
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly Reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Being a middle management team member, contributing to the organisational strategic planning process and participating in the planning, development and implementation of the overall SOS India Advocacy plan and Strategy.
- Ensuring coordination and appropriate linkages on advocacy and policy work between SOS International Office (Asia) and SOS India and contributing to the collaboration with the regional or international activities, as appropriate.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must possess a Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Law/Public Health/Mass Communication/Human Rights (or equivalent).
The position requires a strong commitment to the cause of parentless, abandoned and vulnerable children in the Indian context and a strong interest in and understanding of relevant issues.
- At least seven to eight years of progressively responsible management experience in the development and/ or other relevant sector.
- Minimum three to four years of middle management experience in an NGO and/ or social sector organization with relevant experience in developing and leading policy and advocacy work on women/child rights or any of the MDGs or SDGs.
- Campaign management experience is a must.
- Experience of using international human rights framework or law for human rights advocacy will be desirable.
- Experience of presenting complex information clearly and simply for a lay audience.
- Experience of carrying out and/or using legal research, ideally in a human rights context is desirable.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders in the civil society, private sector and the government at different levels.
- Demonstrable track record of significant accomplishments in policy and advocacy work.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of partnerships and/or donor environment, donor relations and reporting.
- Experience of providing technical support to, and capacity building of coworkers in the organization.
- Sound understanding of the principles of NGO support, particularly around child care issues.
- Strong commitment and a good understanding of policy and advocacy issues around children.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel for an average of 40% of time.
- Conversant with English and Hindi languages.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED: Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
SOS India is an equal opportunity employer. As a matter of policy, SOS India operates rigorous recruitment and selection procedures and checks. This approach is part of the organization’s institutional commitment to protect children from abuse. SOS India’s Child Protection Policy will be made available to short-listed candidates.
Email ID: email@example.com
Contact Number: +91-11- 4323 9200