CCS is looking for professionals with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to work on the varied projects in the Research vertical based in New Delhi.
The Senior Research Associate will report to the head of Research, supervise the work of one or more Associates, work closely with other researchers and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Conducting academic and policy research on various development sector themes, to draft briefs and papers to be published;
- Co-Managing teams: Recruit, train, and supervise both field-based and data operations teams – surveyors, data entry operators and other field staff;
- Supervising data collection and data-entry, ensuring data quality and making preliminary data analysis;
- Designing survey questionnaires, conducting qualitative research, running pilot exercises, refining study design and surveying instruments;
- Overseeing implementation of the pilots in accordance to the research design, in association with partner organizations;
- Maintaining relationships with partner organizations for analysis and research;
- Assisting with donor reporting and preparing research proposals for donor grants;
- Review and analyze/write policy briefs for various government partners as requested;
- Assist the head of Research and other key members of the organization in preparing documents representing the key ideas of CCS in an effective and engaging manner.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Law/Public Policy or related fields with supervised academic thesis work;
- 2-3 years of experience required.
- Published/unpublished academic research at a bachelor’s level at least;
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams and supervise junior colleagues
- Problem solving and collaborative mindset;
- Ability to take initiative, ownership of projects and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-faced work environment;
- Drive and passion for the development sector, strong work ethics and professionalism required for modern workplaces; and
- Good awareness of global affairs, the Indian political scenario and how to navigate the public policy space.
- Skills in quantitative (data analysis software’s) and qualitative research methodologies;
- Clarity of thought and sharp analytical skills to be able to process vast amounts of information and generate useful insights from them, within a short period of time
- Excellent writing and ability to articulate research content to varying audiences in English as well as Hindi;
- Proven academic writing experience is a must (academic papers, reports, blogs in own name etc).
Email Id: email@example.com
Contact Numbers: +91-11-26537456/ 26521882/ 41607006/ 41629006