The Young India Fellowship (YIF) seeks to groom young women and men who will lead India through the 21st century. The programme brings together around 225 students from across India for a one-year postgraduate Fellowship. It is a fully residential programme, with Fellows residing at the Ashoka University campus in the Delhi NCR region.
The Fellows go through a multidisciplinary curriculum taught by some of the best educators in the world. In this endeavor, YIF is partnered by some top-ranked international schools like University of Pennsylvania’s School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS); Carleton College; King’s College, London and Sciences Po, Paris. Students from all disciplines and areas of study are welcome to YIF; whether they studied engineering, design, commerce or literature, they are all mentored into reaching their full potential.
Given the unique nature of the programme there is no “one” kind of profile for a Young India Fellow. However, the following points are being presented to give a broad idea of what we look for. A Young India Fellow could be someone who has:
- A deep-rooted ambition to solve problems and make an impact on society
- Passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications
- The humility to believe that he/she needs to learn more
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course
- A demonstrated ability to overcome challenges
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative and open-mindedness
- An above-average academic record
Young India Fellowship Programme is open to all young men and women with:
- A recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Students who are in the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- No more than 28 years of age on 31st May, 2016
The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply. While applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
Click HERE for more information!
When you apply, kindly mention that you heard about it through LexQuest.