In a democracy, people and their well being is at the core of an exemplary public policy mechanism, which is why proactive mass action can determine the fate of the policies that the State formulates. It is thus crucial that people demand sustainable solutions for existing concerns that deserve carefully crafted policies.
We believe that in the world’s largest democracy, effective public participation can turn policy making into a transparent and accountable process where the government can acknowledge issues that people heed and demand to be resolved.
In our endeavour to unravel the complexity of Public Policy and expand the scope of public awareness and education in policy making, we are organising ‘Civic Architects’, a first of its kind Policy Workshop, in collaboration with The Economics Society, SRCC.
How does it work?
This Policy Workshop intends to bring together students and young professionals who will architect policy solutions to aid and assist policy action on issues of immediate import. The format intends to:
- Educate you about different aspects of Public Policy.
- Educate you about issues that need your attention.
- Enable you to think of efficacious policy solutions to deal with such issues.
Workshop Date: 5th February, 2020
Venue: Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Workshop Timings: 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Theme: Climate Change and Migration
Method of Selection: Fill this form to be considered for selection. The selections will be made on a rolling basis, however, as the seat intake is limited, those who apply early will have a higher chance of selection.
- Enhance exposure in the domain of public policy.
- Develop an understanding of the contemporary policies.
- Understand the notion of public participation by demystifying the idea of active citizenry.
- Attain the requisite skills for policy advocacy.
- Be a part of a policy action group.
- We will select three participants who will get to work with us closely, on formulating and compiling the Policy Recommendations to be sent to the relevant Government Departments. Their names will also be included in the Working Document.
- Each participant will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation.
Email ID: email@example.com